Trip Summary London:
Arrival day — September 22
- Ground transportation to hotel or directly to V&A from airport.
- Afternoon tea at Victoria & Albert museum with welcome by William Knight, director of the London Design Festival.
- Opening dinner – sponsored by Modenus and AD Home Design Show at Casa Brindisia. It's an early and casual dinner since we all know what jet lag feels like.
Day One — September 23
Poggenpohl visit, Tent London and Origin Craft Fair, Dinner at Conran headquarters, Pecha Kucha at Design Junction
- Morning walk along Southbank – we ordered perfect weather but worst case we can call a cab.
- Breakfast at Poggenpohl’s amazing Waterloo showroom.
- Late morning at Brick Lane, home of some of the best vintage shops in London and visit to TENT London and a walk over to Origin Contemporary Craft Fair.
- Invitation only dinner at Conran headquarters in Terrence Conran’s Penthouse
- Pecha Kucha hosted by Design Junction.
Day Two — September 24
100% Design visit with color trends seminar and guided trends tour by Mix Magazine, Podium discussion hosted by mydeco.com
- Seminar and curated tour of 100% Design by Mix Magazine, with focus on color trends for 2012 and beyond.
- Afternoon podium discussion at Design Junction's Victoria House in Bloomsbury: “Across the pond – design trends in US and UK”, hosted by mydeco.com.
- Evening cocktails and tour of Designer’s Block in Clerkenwell.
- Dinner and rest of evening free for our bloggers to explore London.
Day Three — September 25
A morning to explore and an afternoon at Design Centre Chelsea Harbour with great design, tea and a seminar and book signing with Holly Becker from Decor8 Blog
- Morning free but available options to tour London gardens or see more of London Design Festival's smaller but oh-so-interesting exhibits.
- Afternoon at Design Centre Chelsea Harbour to see some of the design world's greatest showrooms, including those of our sponsors Samuel Heath and Victoria + Albert Baths.
- Afternoon tea hosted by DCCH with welcome by Becky Metcalf.
- Seminar and booksigning by Holly Becker from Decor8 Blog.
- Invitation only dinner sponsored by Samuel Heath, Victoria + Albert Baths and Achica Living.
Day Four — September 26
A very exciting day at Decorex, Goodbye dinner at Wright Brothers Soho Oysterhouse
- Oh, what a day we have in store for you! Great design and so much more. We won’t tell you yet, but let’s just say have your camera ready.
- Invitation only Tweet Up at Decorex’ Despoke cafe in the afternoon with UK and US Bloggers.
- Evening, a fabulous dinner with champagne, oysters and seafood hosted by Modenus and mydeco.com.